Friday, January 31, 2014

Soft Leather ID Bracelets


It's no secret that my favorite jewelry clients are a group of 3rd grade teachers in Temecula.  Sandy, Michele, and Karen are some of the loveliest people I know.  I kind of wish I was one of the teachers on their team (or a kid in their class) because they are so full of love and warmth.  The highlight of my week is stopping by on their lunch hour to deliver jewelry.  I always come away feeling a little bit taller and like I can conquer whatever curve ball is coming my way next.  These bracelets started out with the one above, a gift that Sandy ordered for Dana, at Christmastime.  Well, guess what . . . they all needed to have one.  I put them together and then met up at lunch to measure their wrists and finish off the clasp.


This is a hand-cut sterling silver oval, gently hammered on the edges and stamped with their name.  It is strung on the softest deer skin leather cord.  The ends are wire-wrapped and finished with a sterling silver clasp and sweet little freshwater pearl.


The bracelet wraps around the wrist 3 - 4 times. (Michele added the words "accept" "faith" and "peace" to hers).  They make everyday lovely.



No comments: