Friday, January 31, 2014

Generations Necklace


Amy is one of my best friends in the whole world.  We were thrown together in college, by chance, sharing our freshman dorm apartment.  We have followed each other going on 24 years!  For most of that time, we have lived across the country from each other.  But we still manage to stay in touch and can even get together every few years or so.  Amy is one of those wonderful and rare friends that "gets me."  You know what I mean?  This necklace is for her mom.  Amy and her dad sent me a simple sketch of what her mom wanted . . .  a stamped necklace with three charms: one for her children and spouses, one for her grandchildren, and one with her favorite scripture found in Doctrine & Covenants 84:88.  I stacked the charms together so that they would lay nicely.  The grandchildren are stamped onto the top piece, the heart outline.


 Next, comes the scripture.  This is the Jesus the Christ speaking:

"I will be on your right hand and on your left,
and my Sprit shall be in your hearts,
and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

And the third layer is her 5 children and their spouses.  An appropriate gift from her husband for her to wear as they approach a new chapter in their lives: serving a church Mission in Australia!


No comments: