Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Flower Inspiration


My all time favorite jewelry clients are a group of 3rd grade teachers at our last elementary school, Temecula Luiseno.  They have kept me so busy this past year with jewelry projects!  It's been really fun and I am so grateful!  They asked me to make a simple and beautiful gift to give to their room mothers - you know - something that would fit all personality types and styles.  So I put together this sterling silver flower necklace.  The flower charms are made by my friend, Amy, at Hip Chick Beads, and her charms show up now and then in my jewelry designs.  She has some of the cutest beads and charms and has been a source of great inspiration to me for years.  She even spent the good part of an evening on the phone helping me figure out a soldering issue I had years ago.  In fact, her glass flower beads pictured below, are the original inspiration that got me interested in lampworking in the first place!


No comments: